Southerly 105 Ketch for sale

For posting details of boats and equipment, for sale and wanted
markharman

Southerly 105 Ketch for sale

Post by markharman »

I am reluctantly selling my Southerly 105 “Flying Colours”. She has been a good vessel, taken us quite some distances and has been very comfortable throughout our 11 years of ownership.
She is a rare ketch rigged teak rubbing strakes version from 1979 and has had a reasonable amount of updating throughout her life.
The keel has been removed and refurbished by Iron Brothers in 2016. It now works perfectly and has never given us a moments concern after the refurbishment. Whilst the keel was out, we took the opportunity to internally strengthen the hull around the keel recess and coppercoat below the waterline. These works ensures that there should be no problem sitting on the ground and no need for annual haul outs.
In addition, we have improved the sail plan, adding a stack pack system ( Crusader sails) on the mizzen, replacing the genoa (2016) and changing the lines and blocks on the furling mainsail. All the sails are in good condition and all work well.
Internally, we have added shelves in the saloon and extra storage in the aft cabin. We have also made additional storage available under the pilot seat.
The engine is a very reliable 40hp Lister Alpha diesel. It dates from 1993 and has roughly 1000 hours coupled to water cooled dripless shaft seal. To improve the sailing performance, we have fitted a Brunton folding propeller. This gives us an extra half knot whilst sailing. It all counts when there is a beer waiting for you.
The navigation is assisted by a cetrex auto pilot and a 2018 garmin chart plotter and an older garmin 152 gps which is repeated to the helm position. Other electronics include a vhf and depth depth sounder. There is also a trailing log which we have never used.
In terms of ground tackle, There is a manual windlass, linked to 30m of 10mm chain and a 15kg Bruce. There is an additional Bruce, CQR and grappling iron type anchor. There are the usual excessive amounts of fenders and mooring lines.
The batteries are new (1 engine, two house) which are fed by solar panels on the coach roof.
There is a good bow thruster and a electric hydraulic pump for the keel in addition to the standard manual pump. The hydraulic hoses have been replaced during our ownership.
In terms of creature comforts, it is fairly standard shore power with a battery charger and mains socket plus a small dc to ac inverter. There is a television, pressurised hot and cold water, Eberspacher. There is a dometic fridge in the galley. The brightwork is in good condition and we use sunscreens to prevent the sun from damaging the woodwork when not in use. The windows have been mainly replaced (only the starboard side is to be done).
There is also an inflatable dinghy and outboard.
The reason why we are parting with her is that we have done what we wanted to do and are now moving into dinghy sailing and day sailing.

She is lying in Maylandsea, Essex. I am more than happy to take serious enquirers out for a sail. I can send photos upon request

I am looking for £35,000 ono

Mark Harman
tonyorr6036
Boat Name: Pegasus
Southerly Model: 100

Re: Southerly 105 Ketch for sale

Post by tonyorr6036 »

Hi Mark,

I have a S100 and it needs its keel refurbishing, Currently I am looking to Northshore to do it ( via Iron Brothers) - are there any watch outs in terms of extra costs which I should be aware of? ( already the starting point is £10,300 before VAt)

Also we are looking to move up to a 115 or 110.... please could you send pictures and any more info on yours, if she is still for sale. Maybe it might be easier to sell Pegasus as she is, (as currently the keel is working) and own one where the keel is working fully.

Also what are the upgrades you feel you would recommend if you were taking ownership of flying colours?

Thanks

Please send reply to tony@jbcommunications.co.uk

Thanks

tony
Darren
Boat Name: Miss Maisie
Southerly Model: 28

Re: Southerly 105 Ketch for sale

Post by Darren »

Hi is this boat still for sale?
Regards Darren